Thursday, November 29, 2007

Shameless Spruiking

Here I am for post number 2, and as promised I'm going to give a big spruik for the Christmas room at Leo's Fine Food and Wine in Kew Junction, aka. my current job, aka. what is paying for a big chunk of my spending money in Europe. Although I'll admit, there is always a huge rush in the last week or so before Christmas when everyone panics and realises they haven't bought presents for their in laws and bosses and cousins and etc. So we go from having not a lot of hampers to make for the first 3 weeks, and suddenly we have 300 to make in 5 days. During this time I begin to hate the Christmas room, so it's a good thing it's so great for the first few weeks.

So anyway, to set the scene a little more pleasantly I'll show off some photos I took on Sunday. Hopefully Jason (store manager) doesn't mind me doing this. But I can't see any problem with some good publicity though!

Leo's Christmas Room

Leo's Christmas Room


Some of my hampers

Here are some of my very own hampers, I would love to show you every single one, but unfortunately I've only worked two days and I have already made about ten hampers, so I won't bore you with all those pictures!

The way the Christmas room works is basically we have a room in the mezzanine level of the Leo's Supermarket where we stock as much gourmet, imported and local, beautifully packaged, delicious and drool-worthy Christmas (and un-Christmas) related goodies. We stock everything from imported Italian Pandoro's and German gingerbread biscuits to cookies by Michel's and Phillipa's legendary brandy sauce. I'm starting to sound like an add here.. Anyway, it's basically a wonderland for the gourmet food lover, and even better you can put a selection of whatever you like into a basket, we wrap it and suddenly it becomes so much more than a basket full of expensive food, it's a masterpiece! (Yes I'm hamming it up, excuse the pun).

Sure it's stressful at times, frustrating a lot of the time (plastic wrap is not as forgiving as you might think), but it's such a beautiful environment that it's hard not to stay festive and cheery. Also, people are less likely to bug you when you're struggling with cellophane, stickytape and ribbons all at the same time. So if you live in the area, do pop in, but be warned you'll most likely leave with a handful of food that you will not regret spending the money on.

Edit* It seems I've managed to very stupidly stuff up the colours of the fonts etc, I had a play around and couldn't remember how it was before so I'm going with something different until I have time to sit down and think about it properly. Hope you like the "new look" for now!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hey, I've just found your blog so I'm catching up on what you've been up to. I miss Leo's so much since I've moved from Melbourne. Sigh. Hope you're having a good trip.