Thursday, November 29, 2007

Awaiting Inspiration


Ok so here's the thing, on my very first visit to Meet Me at Mikes I was so desperate to buy something because I had spent like an hour in there browsing that I finally decided on some old music sheets because they looked cool, where quite cheap, and I figured I could eventually use them for some kind of amazing crafty masterpiece. So I bought them.

When I got some gorgeous cards with my Frankie a few weeks back I selfishly thought to myself, these are destined for greater things than just the mail. They had such pretty designs on the front, and they were from Frankie, surely they were too good to throw in a mailbox. I considered putting them on my wall, with the other thousand things I have cut out and collected from Frankie's over the months (I'll have to show a photo one day, it really is quite ridiculous). But then I thought, no, they were even too good for that. So I kept them.

One lovely Saturday morning I went to the Maling Room in Canterbury with my boyfriend for a quiet Latte on the veranda. While walking back down Mailing Road to his house I discovered a gorgeous little shop that sold all kinds of stationary, including beautiful sheets of printed paper. I found a sheet with pink birds and trees and gold cages, I was in love, I had to have it. $8 later I had this fantastic piece of paper, but what would I use it for? It was too good to use as wrapping paper, and too magnificent to stick to my wall in my room. So I hung on to it.

Then only a few days ago I dared to visit The Works on Burwood Road, this store is too amazing for words and is my actual idea of homeware heaven. In a small fit of impulse buying I found a green tin sign with the Eiffel tower and a paris address on it, it was gorgeous. But I also found some more pretty wrapping paper, this time with hundreds of vintage european stamps covering it, so colourful, so pretty, I had to have it.

So now I have all these things, and I'm really not sure what to do with them. They all so pretty and random, and I've been contemplating making a kind of framed collage for my loungeroom wall. Something like this, but probably without the borders. I was also thinking of adding some framed photos, possibly in black and white, of me and my boyfriend, or my old dog Lady.



Anyway, that's just something I've been thinking about lately, and I had a look at frames at Ikea today so I have a bit of a better idea of prices etc. If anyone has any ideas feel free to comment, I'm more than happy to receive advice!

No comments: