Saturday, February 2, 2008

Countdown to Oz

Well here I am on my third last day in Italy and Europe. We have done so much and been here for so long but I am so excited to be going home to the comfort of Australia, its amazing what you miss when youre so far away. I wrote up a list of all the things I want to do when I get back home, and they are so random and varied its really quite funny. I miss the little things the most, like my doona, my coffee mug, making dinner for my brother and me, walks in Cobram with mum, sunday nights with my friend Gabi, our supermarkets (shock, I will never complain about safeway again!), and all kinds of other little things. I cant wait to get home and cook with my new scanpan, go shopping for a dress for an upcoming 21st, be able to have conversations with complete strangers and shop assistants, and walk out my front door in the morning knowing exactly where I am going and how I will get there.

Dont get me wrong, as soon as I get home Ill probably start to miss Europe. Ill miss the culture, the history, (some of) the food, the huuuge amounts of artwork and sculptures, the price of coffee at the train station in Rome (1.15 euros!), the snow at Meribel, the baguettes in Paris. Ive had fun here, and Ive learnt a lot as well, even though being sick really took a lot away from the trip. At least now on my last few days in Rome I am healthy and feeling good (despite very very sore legs and feet). It will be good to go home, but I will be leaving with a lot of good memories and perhaps a couple of not so good memories, but they will just make my stories more interesting!

Ive seen some amazing things, and a lot of very famous things, the Mona Lisa, the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of David, the Colosseum, the Sistine Chapel, the canals of Venice, and a whole lot more. Im glad were in an age where I can go home, pull out my laptop and just look through all the photos I took from my trip (over 400 now) and relive the experience. Ill get a lot of photos printed, but the ability to look through it all on my computer is very handy.

I cant write for very long because Im in an internet cafe, so Ill wrap things up here. Ive hope youve enjoyed my few updates on my trip, and I look forward to coming home and getting back into my craftyness and creativeness.

1 comment:

Bec @ honi design said...

:) My pleasure!! I ummmed and aahhed about buying the exact same lamp shade which is why I instantly recognised it!! I thought of making it myself too - make sure you post pics if you do make it yourself!!