Monday, September 22, 2008

The evolution of my walls

Still feeling sore and unproductive so instead I'm watching Across the Universe again while putting my posters back up on my walls. They have been bare for far too long.

Something Max says in Across the Universe made me think of my "This is" post from yesterday.

Why is it always what will I do? "What will he do", "What will he do," "Oh, my god what will he do", Do, do, do, do, do. Why isn't the issue here who I am?

Amen Max. Let's focus on who we are instead of what we do. It really annoys me how the majority of us have to spend a third of our lives working just so that we have money in order to actually live. Other than the lucky ones who can combine their work with what they love, it just feels like such a waste. I guess that's the reality of it all though. So depressing.

Anyway I'm here to show you the thrilling evolution of my wall uh.. "display". For the Frankie readers you will note that 90% of what is on my wall is either posters from Frankie or just bits ripped out and cut up. That's right, I'm a hacker, we have discussed this before. The other 10% is made up of random doodles of my own or Avant postcards I used to collect from work.

To be honest I don't pay a lot of attention to what I'm doing when I put all my posters back up after we've had flat inspection. I tend to start with the big posters then work around them. It always looks different everytime which is good because I get sick of looking at the same thing after awhile.

So there you go, do you feel enlightened yet? I probably should have made my bed before doing this, but eh, I'm going for the 'natural' look..

It's pretty hard to see any detail from these photos, but these walls provide me with endless amusment and inspiration when I'm feeling stuck and bored. When I have enough polaroids (or find the ones I've already taken) I'll be doing something like this, I don't care how many other people are doing it, it's still awesome.

p.s Before you are completely despair I will have a good look at Ikea this week and see if in fact we do have the wooden 5x7 frame packs that I was talking about in the previous post. I couldn't find them on the site or in the catalogue, but who knows, maybe we have them on display and I just haven't seen them yet?

3 comments:

Beth J said...

your posters look great!! How inspirational :) I love plastering my walls with posters, postcars, pictures from travel and food magazines (my walls are kind of like a giant scrap book).

daydream lily said...

greta post. your walls look fantastic. I liked seeing the evolution of them.

And yes do a Polaroid heart and show me when your finished. its so super fantastic and beautiful to look at!!

oh I didn't know about that cookie link, I saw it in inside out mag.

Anna Feyt said...

looks good...the evolution shots are clever.


i <3 frankie!!