Monday, June 16, 2008

Do you care?

here comes the sun

I'm going to point out right now that I'm not exactly a tree-hugging, banner-carrying, vegetarian who is well-versed on the effects and current political policies concerning climate change. But that doesn't mean I don't care about it. I love this planet too, and I hope to be able to see all the beauty of it one day soon, things like the Great Barrier Reef or the fantastic rainforest's in Tasmania, not to mention the countless awe-inspiring natural wonders all across the earth. I don't want our planet to shrivel up and die and I don't think I need to be some yell-y radical political revolutionist to think that. I really believe that we all have a responsibility to make little (and big) changes that can add up to a more sustainable life.

So if you care too, then prove it. And read these tips, they are simple and doable and I was so happy when I read it because I realised that, without even really trying, the way I live my life is a lot more sustainable than I thought. But there's still a lot I can improve of course. As a start I just looked up all my bank and utility providers and swapped to online billing, such an easy thing to do and considering I check my email everyday I can't see any reason not to. Let's face it, how many people actually enjoy getting a bill in the mail? Exactly.

1 comment:

Jenaveve said...

I liked this - you summed it up nicely! I've just 'done my bit too'. I'm linking to this post cos I just loved it.