Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Good Food and Wine Show

Ok, ok I know I've been meaning to do a post about this for a couple of days but I've just been too lazy. There I said it. Also it was a massive day and a LOT to remember to write about.
The day started well with a coffee-making course for me and Dad. It basically involved listening to a guy talk for 30 minutes about freshness and packaging and yadda yadda yadda and then us messing around with the Sunbeam espresso machines trying to make decent coffee. It took us more than a few shots before anything drinkable came out, and thankfully he taught us how to froth milk to make a latte before I was desperate enough to try and drink one of the espresso's we had made. In the end I drank about 4 lattes within the last half hour and was buzzing around like crazy for about two hours afterwards as a result!
To be honest, my favourite stands were the beer stands. I hate to admit it but I don't drink wine at all, I can't stand it, but I'm quite happy to have a beer or two. And boutique beers are always worth it. So I had a go at a couple of stalls where they were more than willing to feed you 6-7 tiny glasses of beer one after the after. Times this by how many beer stands there were and you have a rather tipsy Fibo at 1 in the afternoon. Oh and there were cocktail slushy stands, can't say I stayed away from them either.
I kept myself very well restrained until about an hour before the show was going to end, that's when I went on my shopping spree. As you can see I did pretty well. Most of the stands were doing "three for $5" or "4 for $10" etc, obviously depending on what they were selling. My best purchase was three loaves of Flinders Bread for $6! Such awesome bread, and with the spreadable honey (honey with pectin in it so it spreads like jam, genius!), it's amazing! And that's about all I can think of right now.. it's making me hungry! (So many exclamation marks, whoops)

No comments: