Sunday, April 6, 2008

This is.. my knick-knack/jewellery box, sort of.

I love the idea of the theme this week but I have to admit, I don't actually really have a designated jewellery or knick-knack box. So I thought to start off with I would show you what could potentially be a very pretty and suitable box for this sort of thing. It's a really beautiful black jewellery box with mother of pearl in-lays that my Mum got from a lady from Singapore who used to live in our Caravan Park. Of course I claimed it as my own, but have never actually used it.You see my problem is that I like to live in a world of organised chaos. Everything has it's place, and I know where that place is, despite it looking like someone has planted mini explosives around my room. The other problem is that I am a necklace person, I have minimal numbers of brooches, rings, bracelets and other things that easily live within the confines of a box. Being a necklace person I have to either hang them up or keep them separate otherwise they become a tangled frustrating mess, especially when I'm running late for something and I have my heart set of on a particular necklace. So as you can see from the photo below, my jewellery is generally in one of four places: hanging from my lamp, tangled up on my mini transportable jewellery box, sitting on my alarm clock (this is where my most recent wears sit) or in the little asian ceramic cup thing which is mostly inhabited by loose pendants which don't have a chain.
I used to have a lot more necklaces hanging from my lamp actually, but annoyingly the when I accidentally leave my blind pulled down with my window open it has a habit of blowing open and knocking my lamp over, sending necklaces sprawling across the floor and sometimes into my trashbin and under my bed. As you can imagine, this is not good.
Oh and by the way do you remember me gushing over this lampshade and everyone pointing me towards Ikea? Well huzzah, I totally bought it. And I love love love it.

6 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I love your jewellery box and that fab lampshade!

Jenny said...

That is such a special box-I love the cranes on it and yes that lamp is gorgeous!

Two Peas In a Pod said...

Your lampshade is so cute. Ikea eh?? I might have to get my mum to pick me one up. That is such a great way to display your necklaces. Your box with the cranes on it is really pretty as well.
Cheers Kyla

Nicola said...

Love your lampshade. I am soo jealous, we don't have Ikea in NZ. I do have a cushion in the same fabric that I bought before we moved here and I love it.

Kitty said...

Hi there
I've just tagged you. Play along if you would like to.

Here are the rules

1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website

Bec @ honi design said...

Oh YAY!! I was going to ask if that was the Ikea lamp!!